Wednesday, September 5, 2012

College Life VS. Highschool

Good morning everyone! So  here I am sitting in a library waiting for my next class to begin, then it hit hit me, I love the college life. Remember when we were in high school and had to wake up every day at 6 in the morning? Well in my case it was actually 5:30 because I had to catch the bus in the morning and my school started at 7:40, but you get the idea. It was early.

With college YOU decide what time you want to get up, YOU decide what classes you want to take and when. YOU control your life, unlike high school where the classes where chosen for you and time where laid out for you. It's like a prison the way the have things scheduled, two hours math, five minute break to get to your next class, then two hours of English, then five minute break, then 2 hours of history followed by a five minute break and so on. It blows my mind. In college you get to decide the order of your classes, the times, the place, the length, the speed,how much time between each class and even the professor. You get to decide.

I also noticed i have much more free time, I can actually get a job without being bombarded with too much work. Always having assignments due so soon can really be difficult to handle when you also have to be in clubs and have other classes and to top it off a job. But with college you get to pace yourself, no need for the teacher to tell you to turn the three page essay aassignment on Shakespeare in on Tuesday and its already Monday. Do they really expect us to set our real lives aside for them just so we can complete their assignment. I'm sorry sweetie but we have lives outside of your class.

Another thing I love about the college life is that we are treated as adults. Usually in high school the teachers will have their set of rules. No talking, no texting, no eating or drinking, must ask permission before going to the restroom, like come on we arn't little kids. We should be treated like adults, we are young adults. During my religion class at college i like to have a light snack maybe some peanuts, i sit happily in my seat eating my snack with the professor goes on with the lecture no problem. We need to use the restroom? that's fine just quietly leave. Its as simple as that.
And so to put it all out there, if you haven't noticed I prefer the college life, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment