Friday, May 3, 2013

Wisdom Teeth Removed -My Experience

Hello everyone,
So i know i haven't posted in quite some time, I have just been caught up with school and my job that i haven't really had time to post anything, and to add to at i just got my wisdom teeth removed :( So yes i am in pain, and unfortunetly i can barely open my mouth. But i can feel the stitches in my mouth. Right now my favorite snack has to be lemon popsicles, yum!

We first tried to do it with no anesthesia but with laughing gas, but even when they put it in full blast it didn't phase me at all, i was awake the whole time even with the sleeping pill i took the night before and that very morning. I wasn't even nervous about the procedure until i could feel all the pressure and the pain. I could hear and feel something cracking  I was at the point that it was hurting so bad that the dentist stopped and said he felt like he was torturing me and decided it was best to follow up the next day and proceed with anesthesia, which i was very grateful for.

The next day I can into the office and was quite nervous because of what had happened yesterday, but today was totally different  The staff was so nice and comforting. And they even used the baby needle on my arm because i told him i was scared of needles  which is oh so very true. But within five minutes i apparently was knocked out and when i awoke i couldn't believe  it was already done! And i was in absolutely no pain. (Until later that day of course . Now i feel slight pain, but have been taking antibiotics and pain meds. I really glad this is over and now i can finally go on with my life not having to worry about my teeth becoming crooked.

For those of you curious i had to take three of the wisdom teeth out, one without anesthesia and two with. I defiantly recommend anesthesia, the  laughing gas had no effect on me what so ever. Oh and all of them were encapsulated (still in the gun)

I hoped i could help some of you decide, this is just my experience and my opinions but everyone is different of course, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment